Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Wise Men Still Seek Him....

So thankful for this time of year. I was driving home tonight listening to Christmas carols.  I realized how happy the beautiful sounds of the season make me.  Not the new stuff, but the classics.   To be more precise, my favorite music is actually classical....I'm talking Handel & Bach.  Yes, I'm a nerd. I listen to classical music.   It feeds my soul.  Much of it seems other-worldly.   Just because it's a few centuries old doesn't mean it isn't timely & beautiful.    I so love the traditions of Christmas caroling. In fact, I wish I could go back in time & live in Victorian era London for just one Christmas season.   I love the rich history and beautiful sights, sounds & smell of the holidays.   

There are so many holiday traditions, both universal and specific family memories but my FAVORITE thoughts this time of year are of a stable over 2,000 years ago where the Hope of the world was born.    Angels appeared to shepherds,  kings were summoned by celestial stars, and God himself came in flesh.  It was the beginning of the greatest story ever told.  I'm so thankful that even though I am undeserving of forgiveness, love & hope, God saw fit to give me this beautiful gift.   

My wish for us all is that we can enjoy this beautiful season and remember where it all began.

Merry Christmas!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!